Speaking and writing about your coaching or consulting business is tricky and time consuming. Whether you’re writing your website or preparing for a networking event, it can be difficult to know where to start, what to say and how to say it.
You’re passionate about what you do and you know your industry inside out. But you’re so close to it you worry about waffling. You want to demonstrate the value you add without getting too technical and boring people.
You’re not sure how to convey your personality and still be professional. How do you find the right words without sounding too corporate? How do you show your passion without being over the top?
With all these nagging doubts, you struggle to find the time and headspace to start. Then you see other people stepping up and owning the space that you should be in. Does that sound familiar?
It doesn’t have to be this difficult. The simple answer is to devise and own your unique brand story.
What is a brand story?
Your brand story helps people to get to know the human face behind your business. It gives you a framework to tell people who you are, why your business exists, how you help them and what makes you different.
7 reasons to step up and own your brand story
Building a brand story gives you:
- Confidence, clarity and credibility – so you know exactly what to say to connect with your audience
- An in-depth knowledge of your dream client – so you can speak directly to them – no more scratching your head and trying to write for multiple audiences.
- Consistent messages – so people gradually build up a true picture of you and what you stand for.
- A voice that expresses your personality – so it’s natural and actually sounds like you.
- A point of difference – so you stand out from your competitors in a crowded market.
- A framework and a strategy that feeds into all your marketing, PR and social media activities.
- A plan so you know exactly what to say every time you speak and write about your business – once you’ve done some thinking up front putting it into action is simple.
Building your brand story takes a little time and effort. Are you prepared to make the commitment to create it and be accountable for putting it into action?
The ultimate results are worth it – becoming the go-to expert in your niche, attracting clients you love working with everyday, driving revenue in your business, putting you in control and building a life and a business you love.
Are you ready to step up and own your brand story in 2017?
Pop into the comments box below and tell me what will be different on 31 December 2017 when you look back on the year you stepped up and owned your story. What will you have achieved? What will it feel like?
Image credit: Unsplash